Training Norwegian Elkhounds is quite simple. Just have a little patience, dedication as well as some easy to learn tactics and you’ll train them successfully.
Below are 5 Helpful Tips on how to train a Norwegian Elkhound with good results:
1. In order to avoid your Norwegian Elkhound from getting confused and so that they can recognize commands easily just one person should be responsible for training a Norwegian Elkhound in the beginning. When too many people attempt to train your Norwegian Elkhound at the same time it might halt progress.
2. Trainers should utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. Whenever your Norwegian Elkhound does something right, the trainier might reward the action so he can know that what he did was proper. If your Norwegian Elkhound won’t understand your commands, never scold him. Norwegian Elkhounds aren’t as smart as us, they make mistakes. What you need to take into account is that they might not easily follow your commands in just one teaching, it requires repetition to teach your Norwegian Elkhound successfully. Do not berate the Norwegian Elkhound because he could develop anxiety which will probaby negatively affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. You may give food in order to praise a Norwegian Elkhound, but don’t take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Attempt to teach him 1 skill after the other. If he cannot absorb it, stay on that order only because trying more commands will just confuse the Norwegian Elkhound. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When teaching orders, keep your inflection cheerful so that the Norwegian Elkhound will willingly obey your orders. Norwegian Elkhounds respond best to a low and coaxing tone. When you scream, he could get annoyed and startled.
5. Train your Norwegian Elkhound in different locales. When you keep a Norwegian Elkhound in one particular environment like your home, he may not have the ability to adapt to a different location with different individuals. Take him to your dog park or through the neighborhood. This will aid your Norwegian Elkhound get used to different breeds and people.
Norwegian Elkhound Training: Conclusion
Teaching a Norwegian Elkhound will often be hard, but it’ll be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Norwegian Elkhound is trained. You don’t know, he might even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Norwegian Elkhounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂