Training your Puli is very simple. You just need to have a little dedication, patience coupled with these 5 simple techniques and you’ll break them in successfully.
In This Article are 5 Useful Tips on how to train your Puli successfully:
1. To prevent a Puli from getting disoriented and so that they can recognize instructions readily just one individual should be responsible for training a Puli to start. If too many individuals try to train a Puli simultaneously it will stop the process in its tracks.
2. You should use positive feedback. When the Puli does something right, one might reward the action so that he can realize that what he did was welcomed. If the Puli cannot understand instructions, don’t punish him. Pulis are not as smart as we are, they make errors. What you need to take into account is that they may not easily understand all your instructions in the first session, it requires repetitive attempts to train your Puli successfully. Don’t scold the Puli as he might begin to develop skittishness which may stunt his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers may give food to encourage a Puli, although do not take it too far.
3. Teach orders one at a time. Try to train him on one order after another. In the instance where he cannot absorb it, just stay on that instruction only because trying new orders will just confuse the Puli. Rely on the basics.
4. When you are teaching orders, just keep your voice pleasant so that your Puli will willingly submit to your commands. Pulis respond to a quiet and confident tone. When you yell, he may be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a Puli in varying environments. If you keep a Puli in just one certain space like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new locale with new people. Take him to your dog park or through the neighborhood. This will assist your Puli get familiar with more breeds and people.
Training A Puli: Conclusion
Training a Puli will sometimes be tough, however it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Puli is taught. You don’t know, he might even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pulis
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂