Training the Lowchen is quite easy. You just need to have a little patience, dedication along with some easy to learn tactics and you will break them in successfully.
Below we share 5 Top Suggestions for how to teach a Lowchen successfully:
1. To prevent the Lowchen from becoming disoriented and in order that they can learn orders easily only a single individual should train a Lowchen initially. If too many individuals try to train your Lowchen at once this might stop progress.
2. Trainers should always use positive feedback. Once the Lowchen follows commands, one should praise the action so that he will understand that what he did was good. If the Lowchen will not understand commands, never push him. Lowchens aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you should accept is that the Lowchen will not easily follow your orders in only 1 teaching, it takes repeated actions to teach the Lowchen . Don’t push a Lowchen as he might develop anxiety which will probaby reduce the speed of his learning and ability to be taught. You should give treats to praise a Lowchen, but you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 skill after the other. In case he won’t retain it, stay on that skill only because trying new orders might just confuse the Lowchen. Rely on the basics.
4. When giving skills, you must keep your tone pleasant so the Lowchen will willingly follow your instructions. Lowchens respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you ever scream, he may become annoyed and afraid.
5. Train your Lowchen in varying locations. If you keep the Lowchen in one particular place like your home, he may not be able to adjust to a different environment with new people. Take him to the park or through your neighborhood. This will assist your Lowchen associate with more breeds and people.
Training The Lowchen: Conclusion
Teaching a Lowchen can sometimes be hard, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the one to benefit when your Lowchen is reared. Who knows, he could even save your life in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Lowchens
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂