Training the Pointer is not a hard task. You just need patience, dedication along with these 5 easy to learn tactics and you’ll train them successfully.
Below we share 5 Useful Tips for how you can train your Pointer successfully:
1. To avoid a Pointer from getting disoriented and so that they can learn instructions readily just 1 individual should be responsible for training a Pointer at first. In instances where too many people are trying to train a Pointer at once it might stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must take advantage of positive feedback and reinforcements. If a Pointer does something well, you should praise it so that he can understand that what he did was good. If the Pointer cannot follow your commands, never scold him. Pointers aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make mistakes. What you should accept is that the Pointer might not readily understand all your orders in the first session, it takes repetitive attempts to teach the Pointer . Don’t harass your Pointer since he could develop fear which will probaby reduce the rate of his learning and willingness to be trained. You might give them snacks in order to encourage the Pointer, but please you do not want to overdue it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on one instruction after the next. In case he cannot retain it, try to stay on that instruction only because piling on more lessons will most likely just confuse the Pointer. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When you are giving lessons, just keep your intonation pleasant so your Pointer will cheerfully follow your commands. Pointers respond best to a quiet and confident voice. If you ever scream, he could be agitated and afraid.
5. Train a Pointer in different places. When you keep a Pointer in 1 certain place like your house, he will not have the ability to adjust to a different place with new individuals. Take him to your dog park or around your neighborhood. This can assist your Pointer associate with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training A Pointer
Training your Pointer will often be challenging, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Pointer is taught. You don’t know, he might even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pointers
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂