Training your Hanover Hound is not a hard task. All that’s required is dedication, patience coupled with five simple skills and you will break them in successfully.
In This Article are 5 Great Techniques for how you can train the Hanover Hound with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid your Hanover Hound from becoming confused and so that they will be able to learn instructions quickly only one person should train your Hanover Hound to start. If too many folks try to train your Hanover Hound at the same time it can stop progress in its tracks.
2. You must utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Hanover Hound does something well, the trainier should reward the behavior so he can realize that what he did was correct. If a Hanover Hound does not follow and understand your commands, don’t push him. Hanover Hounds are not as smart as people, they make mistakes. What you must take into account is that they will not easily understand all your orders in the first teaching, it takes repetition to break in your Hanover Hound successfully. Do not berate the Hanover Hound because he might begin to develop nervousness which will probaby hinder his learning and ability to be broken in. You may give snacks or food in order to encourage your Hanover Hound, but please you don’t want to overdue it.
3. Teach lessons one at a time. Try to train him on 1 lesson after the next. In the instance where he cannot learn it, try to stay on that command only because adding new commands may just confuse the Hanover Hound. Start with the fundamentals.
4. While giving instructions, you should keep your tone cheerful so the Hanover Hound will happily follow your orders. Hanover Hounds respond best to a low and confident tone. If you ever yell, he could get nervous and afraid.
5. Train your Hanover Hound in varying spaces. When you keep the Hanover Hound in just one particular space like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a new place with new individuals. Take him to the park or around the neighborhood. This will help your Hanover Hound get familiar with more people and breeds.
Training Your Hanover Hound: Conclusion
Teaching a Hanover Hound can often be difficult, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the lucky one when your Hanover Hound is trained. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Hanover Hounds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂