Training your Hawaiian Poi Dog is pretty simple. You just need to have a little dedication, patience coupled with these easy to learn skills and you will break them in successfully.
In This Article are five Top Suggestions for how you can teach the Hawaiian Poi Dog with good results:
1. In order to prevent a Hawaiian Poi Dog from becoming confused and in order that they will be able to learn to recognize instructions quickly just 1 individual should be responsible for training a Hawaiian Poi Dog starting out. If too many people are trying to train a Hawaiian Poi Dog at the same time this will halt progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always utilize positive feedback. If the Hawaiian Poi Dog listens, the trainier should praise the action so that he will realize that what he did was correct. If your Hawaiian Poi Dog does not understand or follow your commands, never harass him. Hawaiian Poi Dogs aren’t as intelligent as us, they make mistakes. What you have to understand is that they won’t readily follow your commands in just 1 training, it takes repetition to train a Hawaiian Poi Dog . Do not push your Hawaiian Poi Dog as he could begin to develop anxiety which will reduce the rate of his learning and readiness to be trained. Trainers may use treats or snacks in order to encourage the Hawaiian Poi Dog, but definitely you don’t want to overuse it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Attempt to train him on one skill after the other. If he cannot absorb it, try to remain on that order only because trying additional orders might just confuse the Hawaiian Poi Dog. Rely on the basics.
4. In teaching instructions, you must keep your voice cheerful so your Hawaiian Poi Dog will gleefully submit to your teachings. Hawaiian Poi Dogs respond to a low and coaxing tone. When you yell, he could be nervous and fearful.
5. Train the Hawaiian Poi Dog in varying locations. When you keep your Hawaiian Poi Dog in just one certain environment like your house, he may not be able to adapt to a different space with different individuals. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This will assist your Hawaiian Poi Dog get used to other people and breeds.
Conclusion: Training A Hawaiian Poi Dog
Breaking in the Hawaiian Poi Dog can sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Hawaiian Poi Dog is reared. Who knows, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Hawaiian Poi Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂