Training Pont-Audemer Spaniels is not a hard task. Just have a little patience, dedication together with five easy to learn skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below are five Great Techniques on how to break in your Pont-Audemer Spaniel successfully:
1. In order to prevent the Pont-Audemer Spaniel from becoming confused and in order that they will be able to recognize commands easily only 1 individual should be responsible for training the Pont-Audemer Spaniel starting out. If too many individuals try to train a Pont-Audemer Spaniel simultaneously this can stop the process.
2. Trainers must take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. Once a Pont-Audemer Spaniel listens, the trainier should reward the action so he will realize that what he did was right. If the Pont-Audemer Spaniel will not understand and follow instructions, never scold him. Pont-Audemer Spaniels aren’t as intelligent as we are, they make errors. What you must accept is that they won’t easily understand your instructions in just 1 session, it requires repeated actions to break in your Pont-Audemer Spaniel successfully. Do not berate the Pont-Audemer Spaniel as he could develop nervousness which might retard his learning and ability to be taught. You might give snacks in order to encourage the Pont-Audemer Spaniel, but definitely you shouldn’t take it too far.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after the next. In the event he cannot absorb it, just stay on that command only because adding new instructions will just confuse the Pont-Audemer Spaniel. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When teaching skills, keep your tone pleasant so that your Pont-Audemer Spaniel will willingly obey the teachings. Pont-Audemer Spaniels will respond to a quiet and confident voice. When you scream, he could get agitated and afraid.
5. Train the Pont-Audemer Spaniel in varying locations. When you keep your Pont-Audemer Spaniel in a certain place like your house, he will not have the ability to adapt to a different locale with different people. Take him to the dog park or around the neighborhood. This can aid your Pont-Audemer Spaniel get acquainted with other people and breeds.
Pont-Audemer Spaniel Training: Conclusion
Breaking in a Pont-Audemer Spaniel can often be challenging, however it will be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Pont-Audemer Spaniel is broken in. You never know, he may even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pont-Audemer Spaniels
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂