Training Poodles is not a hard task. All you need is dedication, patience coupled with a few easy to learn tricks and you will train them successfully.
Here we share five Great Tips for how you can break in a Poodle with fantastic results:
1. To avoid your Poodle from becoming disoriented and in order that they can learn to understand instructions readily just 1 person should be responsible for training a Poodle in the beginning. If too many folks are trying to train the Poodle at once it can stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers must use positive reinforcements and feedback. Whenever your Poodle obeys, one must praise the behavior so he can realize that what he did was correct. If a Poodle cannot follow and understand instructions, don’t scold him. Poodles are not as smart as people, they take longer to learn. What you need to take into account is that the Poodle won’t readily obey your instructions in the first session, it takes repetitive actions to teach a Poodle successfully. Do not scold the Poodle as he may begin to develop skittishness which will probaby affect his learning and willingness to be trained. Trainers may give them food or treats to praise the Poodle, but you shouldn’t overdue it.
3. Teach skills 1 at a time. Try to teach him one lesson after the other. In the instance where he will not learn it, just stay on that command only because piling on new instructions will probablly just confuse the Poodle. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. In teaching instructions, just keep your intonation cheerful so that the Poodle will gleefully submit to your instructions. Poodles respond to a quiet and confident tone. If you ever scream, he might be nervous and afraid.
5. Train your Poodle in different locales. If you keep your Poodle in 1 particular location like your house, he might not have the ability to adapt to a different locale with different people. Take him to the dog park or around your neighborhood. This can help your Poodle get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Training The Poodle: Conclusion
Teaching your Poodle can often be challenging, but it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the lucky one when your Poodle is broken in. You don’t know, he could even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Poodles
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂