Training a Berner Laufhund is not a hard job. Just have a little patience, dedication along with these 5 easy to learn tactics and you’ll train them successfully.
In This Article we share five Useful Suggestions on how you can break in your Berner Laufhund successfully:
1. In order to prevent the Berner Laufhund from becoming unsure and in order that they will be able to begin to recognize commands quickly just one person should train your Berner Laufhund starting out. In instances where too many people are attempting to train your Berner Laufhund simultaneously this might halt progress.
2. You should always take advantage of positive reinforcements. Whenever the Berner Laufhund listens, you might reward the act so he can understand that what he did was correct. If the Berner Laufhund cannot follow or understand your commands, don’t push him. Berner Laufhunds are not as intelligent as humans, they make errors. What you must accept is that they will not easily understand all your commands in the first training, it requires repeated actions to break in your Berner Laufhund successfully. Don’t berate the Berner Laufhund as he could begin to develop skittishness which may reduce the speed of his learning and readiness to be taught. Trainers can give them treats or snacks in order to reward a Berner Laufhund, although you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Try to teach him one command after another. In the event he won’t remember it, try to stay on that instruction only because adding additional instructions will most likely just confuse the Berner Laufhund. Start with the fundamentals.
4. When teaching commands, keep your intonation cheerful so the Berner Laufhund will gladly submit to the commands. Berner Laufhunds respond best to a quiet and coaxing tone. When you shout out loud, he might get agitated and fearful.
5. Train a Berner Laufhund in different places. When you keep a Berner Laufhund in just one certain space like your house, he will not be able to adapt to a different locale with different people. Take him to your dog park or around the neighborhood. This will aid your Berner Laufhund get used to other breeds and people.
Training A Berner Laufhund: Conclusion
Training the Berner Laufhund will often be tough, however it will be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the beneficiary when your Berner Laufhund is broken in. You never know, he might even rescue you one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Berner Laufhunds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂