Training Briards is not a hard job. All you need is dedication, patience along with these simple tactics and you will train them successfully.
Below are five Useful Techniques on how to break in your Briard successfully:
1. In order to avoid a Briard from becoming unsure and so that they will be able to learn to understand commands easily just a single individual should train your Briard in the beginning. In instances where too many folks attempt to train the Briard simultaneously this will stop progress in its tracks.
2. Trainers should always use positive reinforcements. When your Briard obeys, one might reward the action so he will understand that what he did was good. If the Briard can’t understand instructions, never berate him. Briards are not as smart as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should realize is that they will not readily understand your orders in just 1 training, it requires repeated attempts to break in a Briard successfully. Do not push your Briard because he may develop fear which might hinder his learning and readiness to be broken in. Trainers might use treats in order to praise a Briard, although you should not overdue it.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 skill after the other. In the event he can’t absorb it, try to remain on that command only because trying more lessons will most likely just confuse the Briard. Start with the basics.
4. When you are giving instructions, just keep your voice pleasant so the Briard will happily submit to the instructions. Briards will respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you shout out loud, he might become nervous and startled.
5. Train a Briard in multiple places. If you keep your Briard in a certain place like your home, he may not have the ability to adapt to a different space with different people. Take him to your dog park or through the neighborhood. This will help your Briard associate with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Training Your Briard
Training the Briard will often be tough, but it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Briard is broken in. You don’t know, he could even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Briards
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂