Training the American Bulldog is quite easy. It just takes a little dedication, patience coupled with some easy to learn tactics and you will train them successfully.
Here we share five Top Suggestions on how you can teach a American Bulldog with great results:
1. In order to prevent the American Bulldog from becoming confused and so that they can begin to recognize orders quickly just one person should be responsible for training the American Bulldog initially. In instances where too many folks try to train a American Bulldog at once it can halt progress.
2. You should take advantage of positive reinforcements. Once your American Bulldog obeys, one should reward the behavior so that he can realize that what he did was good. If your American Bulldog will not understand commands, don’t harass him. American Bulldogs are not as smart as us, they make mistakes. What you must take into account is that they will not easily obey all your commands in only one session, it requires repetitive actions to teach the American Bulldog successfully. Do not berate the American Bulldog because he could develop anxiety which will negatively affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. You may give food or treats to praise your American Bulldog, but please you do not want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Attempt to teach him one command after the next. In the event he is unable to learn it, try to remain on that lesson only because piling on additional skills may just confuse the American Bulldog. Rely on the fundamentals.
4. When executing instructions, keep your inflection cheerful so the American Bulldog will gladly follow your teachings. American Bulldogs respond best to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you ever scream, he could get agitated and startled.
5. Train the American Bulldog in different environments. When you keep your American Bulldog in one particular location like your house, he might not have the ability to adapt to a new environment with new people. Take him to the park or throughout your neighborhood. This can aid your American Bulldog get familiar with more people and breeds.
Training Your American Bulldog: Conclusion
Training the American Bulldog can sometimes be difficult, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you will be the beneficiary when your American Bulldog is broken in. Who knows, he might even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about American Bulldogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂