Training a Tervuren is not a hard task. All you need is patience, dedication along with these 5 simple techniques and you will teach them successfully.
In This Article we share five Great Techniques for how to teach the Tervuren with great results:
1. In order to prevent a Tervuren from being confused and in order that they will be able to begin to understand instructions easily only a single individual should train the Tervuren initially. If too many folks try to train a Tervuren simultaneously this can halt the process.
2. You should utilize positive reinforcements and feedback. Once your Tervuren does something good, the trainier might reward the act so he can know that what he did was correct. If the Tervuren does not follow your commands, don’t push him. Tervurens are not as intelligent as us, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that your Tervuren may not readily comprehend all your instructions in only 1 session, it requires repeated attempts to teach the Tervuren successfully. Do not punish a Tervuren because he may begin to develop fear which will affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. You may give them treats or snacks to reward your Tervuren, but please you should not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Attempt to train him on one instruction after the next. If he won’t remember it, remain on that lesson only because piling on more skills will most likely just confuse the Tervuren. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing skills, you must keep your intonation pleasant so your Tervuren will happily submit to your instructions. Tervurens will respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you yell, he may be agitated and startled.
5. Train a Tervuren in varying places. If you keep your Tervuren in just one particular space like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a new locale with different individuals. Take him to the park or throughout your neighborhood. This can assist your Tervuren get acquainted with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Tervuren Training
Teaching your Tervuren can sometimes be difficult, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Tervuren is broken in. You never know, he may even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Tervurens
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂