Training a Pekingese is quite simple. Just have a little patience, dedication coupled with these easy to learn skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Here are five Great Techniques on how to train a Pekingese with great results:
1. In order to avoid the Pekingese from becoming confused and so that they will be able to begin to learn instructions easily just a single person should train the Pekingese at first. In instances where too many individuals are trying to train the Pekingese at once it might stop progress in its tracks.
2. One should utilize positive reinforcements. Whenever a Pekingese listens, one must reward it so he will understand that what he did was welcomed. If a Pekingese can’t understand or follow commands, never scold him. Pekingeses aren’t as intelligent as people, they take longer to learn. What you should understand is that a Pekingese might not easily comprehend your orders in the first training, it takes repetition to break in the Pekingese . Don’t berate your Pekingese because he could develop fear which may reduce the rate of his learning and readiness to be trained. You might give food or treats in order to encourage a Pekingese, but please you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach commands one at a time. Attempt to teach him one order after another. In the instance where he won’t retain it, just stay on that lesson only because piling on additional lessons will just confuse the Pekingese. Begin with the fundamentals.
4. When you are executing lessons, you should keep your tone cheerful so that your Pekingese will cheerfully obey the lessons. Pekingeses respond best to a low and confident voice. If you ever scream, he could be annoyed and fearful.
5. Train a Pekingese in multiple environments. If you keep your Pekingese in a particular space like your home, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different location with new individuals. Take him to a dog park or around your neighborhood. This will aid your Pekingese get acquainted with other breeds and people.
Conclusion: Pekingese Training
Training a Pekingese will sometimes be difficult, however it will always be worth it. In the end, you will be the beneficiary when your Pekingese is taught. You don’t know, he could even rescue you one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Pekingeses
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂