Training Komondors is quite easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication as well as some easy to learn skills and you will break them in successfully.
Here are five Useful Tips for how you can teach your Komondor with fantastic results:
1. In order to avoid your Komondor from being disoriented and in order that they will be able to learn to recognize instructions readily only a single person should be responsible for training your Komondor starting out. In instances where too many individuals attempt to train a Komondor simultaneously it will stop progress.
2. You should always utilize positive reinforcements. If your Komondor obeys, the trainier might reward the action so he can realize that what he did was right. If your Komondor can’t understand instructions, don’t berate him. Komondors aren’t as smart as we are, they take longer to learn. What you must take into account is that the Komondor won’t readily obey all your instructions in the first session, it takes repeated attempts to train a Komondor successfully. Do not harass a Komondor as he may develop fear which can negatively affect his learning and willingness to be taught. You should give them treats or food in order to encourage the Komondor, but you do not want to overuse it.
3. Teach commands 1 at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 instruction after the other. If he can’t remember it, stay on that command only because trying new skills will just confuse the Komondor. Start with the basics.
4. When giving orders, keep your voice pleasant so that your Komondor will willingly obey your commands. Komondors will respond to a quiet and coaxing voice. If you shout out loud, he could become agitated and afraid.
5. Train your Komondor in varying places. When you keep a Komondor in a particular location like your house, he might not have the ability to adjust to a different environment with different people. Take him to a park or around your neighborhood. This will help your Komondor associate with different people and breeds.
Training A Komondor: Conclusion
Breaking in a Komondor can frequently be tough, but it’ll be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Komondor is broken in. Who knows, he could even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Komondors
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂