Training the Azawakh is quite easy. All you need is patience, dedication and a few simple techniques and you will teach them successfully.
In This Article are 5 Great Techniques for how you can break in your Azawakh successfully:
1. In order to avoid the Azawakh from becoming unsure and so that they can learn commands easily just one person should train the Azawakh to start. In instances where too many people try to train the Azawakh simultaneously it may halt progress.
2. You should always take advantage of positive reinforcements. When the Azawakh follows instructions, you must praise it so that he will realize that what he did was proper. If a Azawakh cannot understand your commands, don’t scold him. Azawakhs aren’t as intelligent as people, they make mistakes. What you have to accept is that your Azawakh might not easily understand your commands in just one training, it requires repetition to break in a Azawakh successfully. Don’t scold the Azawakh as he could begin to develop nervousness which might retard his learning and willingness to be broken in. You should give snacks or treats to reward a Azawakh, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Make sure to train him on 1 instruction after another. In the event he will not retain it, remain on that instruction only because piling on other lessons may just confuse the Azawakh. Stick to the basics.
4. While executing orders, you must keep your intonation pleasant so the Azawakh will cheerfully follow your teachings. Azawakhs respond to a low and coaxing tone. If you scream, he may become nervous and startled.
5. Train a Azawakh in varying locales. When you keep a Azawakh in just one certain location like your home, he will not be able to adapt to a different locale with different people. Take him to your park or around the neighborhood. This can help your Azawakh get acquainted with more breeds and people.
Conclusion: Azawakh Training
Training the Azawakh will often be tough, however it’ll be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Azawakh is reared. You never know, he could even save your life in the future and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Azawakhs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂