Training a Karelian Bear Dog is very easy. All that’s required is dedication, patience coupled with five simple skills and you’ll break them in successfully.
Below are 5 Helpful Techniques for how to teach your Karelian Bear Dog successfully:
1. To prevent the Karelian Bear Dog from becoming unsure and in order that they can begin to recognize instructions quickly only one individual should be responsible for training your Karelian Bear Dog in the beginning. In instances where too many folks are trying to train the Karelian Bear Dog at once this might stop progress in its tracks.
2. One should take advantage of positive reinforcements and feedback. When your Karelian Bear Dog listens, you must reward the act so that he can realize that what he did was proper. If the Karelian Bear Dog will not follow instructions, never scold him. Karelian Bear Dogs aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you must realize is that the Karelian Bear Dog may not easily follow all your orders in the first session, it takes repetition to break in the Karelian Bear Dog successfully. Don’t berate a Karelian Bear Dog since he could begin to develop skittishness which will probaby reduce the rate of his learning and readiness to be taught. You should give snacks in order to encourage your Karelian Bear Dog, but do not take it too far.
3. Teach instructions 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him one skill after another. In case he can’t absorb it, stay on that instruction only because piling on additional commands will just confuse the Karelian Bear Dog. Stick to the fundamentals.
4. In executing lessons, you should keep your inflection cheerful so the Karelian Bear Dog will cheerfully submit to your instructions. Karelian Bear Dogs will respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you ever yell, he could be agitated and fearful.
5. Train a Karelian Bear Dog in various locations. When you keep your Karelian Bear Dog in just one particular place like your home, he won’t have the ability to adjust to a new space with new individuals. Take him to a park or throughout your neighborhood. This will help your Karelian Bear Dog get used to other breeds and people.
Training Your Karelian Bear Dog: Conclusion
Breaking in your Karelian Bear Dog can often be hard, but it’ll always be worth it. In the end, you will be the lucky one when your Karelian Bear Dog is broken in. Who knows, he may even rescue you in the future and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Karelian Bear Dogs
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂