Training Thai Ridgebacks is pretty easy. All that’s required is patience, dedication along with five simple techniques and you will break them in successfully.
Here are five Helpful Techniques for how you can break in the Thai Ridgeback successfully:
1. To prevent your Thai Ridgeback from being unsure and so that they will be able to learn commands quickly only a single person should be responsible for training a Thai Ridgeback initially. In instances where too many folks try to train your Thai Ridgeback at once this may halt progress.
2. One should always utilize positive feedback. Once your Thai Ridgeback follows instructions, you might praise the behavior so he will know that what he did was correct. If your Thai Ridgeback can’t understand or follow commands, don’t berate him. Thai Ridgebacks aren’t as intelligent as us, they make mistakes. What you must understand is that they will not easily follow all your orders in the first training, it takes repetition to train the Thai Ridgeback successfully. Do not punish your Thai Ridgeback as he could develop fear which might retard his learning and ability to be taught. Trainers might use treats in order to praise the Thai Ridgeback, but please you should not overuse it.
3. Teach orders 1 at a time. Make sure to teach him 1 lesson after the other. In the event he is unable to absorb it, try to stay on that skill only because piling on new lessons may just confuse the Thai Ridgeback. Begin with the basics.
4. When executing lessons, you should keep your intonation cheerful so that your Thai Ridgeback will willingly obey the teachings. Thai Ridgebacks respond to a quiet and coaxing tone. If you ever yell, he may be nervous and startled.
5. Train your Thai Ridgeback in various environments. When you keep your Thai Ridgeback in a particular place like your home, he will not have the ability to adapt to a different space with new individuals. Take him to the dog park or throughout your neighborhood. This will aid your Thai Ridgeback get acquainted with different breeds and people.
Training A Thai Ridgeback: Conclusion
Breaking in the Thai Ridgeback will frequently be tough, but it will always be worth it. In the end, you’ll be the lucky one when your Thai Ridgeback is taught. You don’t know, he may even save your life one day and pay back everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Thai Ridgebacks
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂