Training the Bohemian Shepherd is pretty easy. You just need dedication, patience along with some easy to learn tricks and you will train them successfully.
Here are five Useful Techniques for how to break in the Bohemian Shepherd with good results:
1. In order to avoid your Bohemian Shepherd from being confused and in order that they will be able to learn to understand orders readily only one person should be responsible for training your Bohemian Shepherd starting out. When too many folks attempt to train your Bohemian Shepherd simultaneously this will halt progress.
2. Trainers must always utilize positive feedback and reinforcements. When your Bohemian Shepherd does something good, one must reward the behavior so he will understand that what he did was proper. If your Bohemian Shepherd won’t follow or understand your commands, don’t berate him. Bohemian Shepherds aren’t as intelligent as humans, they take longer to learn. What you should understand is that a Bohemian Shepherd might not easily obey all your instructions in just 1 teaching, it takes repetition to train a Bohemian Shepherd . Do not punish a Bohemian Shepherd since he may begin to develop skittishness which might negatively affect his learning and willingness to be broken in. Trainers might give them food or snacks in order to praise a Bohemian Shepherd, but definitely you don’t want to take it too far.
3. Teach instructions one at a time. Attempt to train him on 1 command after the other. If he will not absorb it, just stay on that command only because piling on other skills will most likely just confuse the Bohemian Shepherd. Start with the fundamentals.
4. While executing skills, just keep your voice pleasant so your Bohemian Shepherd will willingly submit to the commands. Bohemian Shepherds respond to a low and confident voice. When you scream, he may become agitated and startled.
5. Train your Bohemian Shepherd in various spaces. If you keep your Bohemian Shepherd in just 1 particular environment like your home, he won’t be able to adjust to a different locale with new individuals. Take him to a park or throughout the neighborhood. This can help your Bohemian Shepherd get familiar with more people and breeds.
Training A Bohemian Shepherd: Conclusion
Teaching your Bohemian Shepherd will sometimes be tough, but it will always be worth it. The bottom line is, you’ll be the one to benefit when your Bohemian Shepherd is trained. You never know, he could even save your life one day and repay everything you taught him.
Don’t forget to check out these other articles about Bohemian Shepherds
Was this post helpful? If so, please take a minute to Tweet and Share below on Facebook. I would also love to know your thoughts so leave me a comment 🙂